Construction / Major Renovation
FHA 203K Home Improvements Loans can help a person finance the acquisition and cost of improvements on a home they wish to purchase or simply the cost of improvements on a home they already own such as:
- Structural alterations and reconstruction such as chimney repair, additions to structure, installation of additional bath(s), skylights, finished attics/basements, etc.
- Modernization and improvements to the home's function such as remodeled bathrooms/kitchens and a permanently installed appliances
- Elimination of health and safety hazards
- Changes that improve appearance and eliminate obsolescence, including connecting to public water or sewer, heating, air conditioning, electrical systems
- Reconditioning or replacing plumbing, including interior whirlpool bathtubs
- Installing a well and/or septic system (must be installed or repaired prior to any other repairs to property)
- Adding or replacing roofing, gutters, and downspouts
- Adding or replacing floors and/or floor treatments such as wood, laminate, tile and carpeting
- Major landscape work and site improvements, including patios, decks, terraces and fences that improve the value of the property. Correction of grading and draining problems is also included, as is tree removal and repair of existing walks and driveway if a safety hazard exists to property
- Enhancing accessibility for a disabled person, including remodeling kitchens/baths for wheelchair access, installing wider doors, exterior ramps, etc.
- Energy conservation improvements such as double-pane windows, insulated exterior steel doors, caulking, weather stripping, etc.